Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Lunch with a Friend

 You never know what is going to happen what you invite a friend to lunch. Well I did just that and could not figure out what topping to make for a pasta dish. I know, it sounds a little weird but I have a 12 year old that is allergic to tomatoes. When we are having pasta for dinner, we think of something different to go with it. Today I was trying to figure what a 4 year old would like on her pasta, and I just couldn't come up with anything. I called her mother Mary and asked her if they would like to go to Ponderosa instead of lunch at my place? Mary said sure no problem if you don't mind doing some running with me first and then lunch?
  We both finally agree and low and behold she is already at my front door. I am like," that was really fast" laughing out loud. Mary said " I was at the gas station getting gas when I was talking to you." So I come back inside to get my shoes on and gather up my purse, my phone, and the house keys. When we were settled in the car,Mary told me " I have to go to Tops, the Post Office, and the Burlington Coat Factory before lunch if that is ok still with you Becky"? Of course I said yes and that it was no problem at all. Besides, there might be something that I need.
   After all the stops that needed to be done, we finally headed to lunch. Mary,Nancy her little girl, and I were very hungry at this point.We pulled in and parked and started to say to each other," it is early and the food is going to be hot and fresh."  As we approached the cashier and told her to what we all wanted, I paid for the meal and head over to a booth so we could all be comfortable. Everything was so clean and neat, and the waitress was right there to take our receipt for the drinks, so she could get them as we were up getting our food. It only took us a few minutes to get what we wanted onto our plates and go back to our booth to sit and eat. Just as we were comfortable the waitress had returned with our drinks and had placed them in front us..
   During our meal, the three of us spoke many times about many different things. The best one I thought was how we spent the morning together and then coming together and having lunch to talk. As we are sitting there talking we even run into other friends that we both know. She introduced a friend of hers named Frank  from one of Social Classes from school. He was a very bright and friendly person, and if you need help in any social history he is the person to help you out. I on the other hand pointed out who I knew and gave a brief history of them. I even saw some crayons and paper for Nancy color on while her mother and I were talking.
   The best part about this day is the time that was spent together and just sharing the littlest and simplest things together. There was no big party or major people around. Just a few words here and there and acknowledging that no one wants anything from anything! BUT I do have to say this, " When can we do it again?

1 comment: